Last time we saw some metal work being done and the first repaint for the Mk2. This time, things get a little different!
Well as you see, the purple and green colour scheme was getting a little old and a bit scruffy, some rust was coming through and generally it was looking a bit crap. So it had to change.
I could have just bought some paint and repainted it a different colour, but that wasn’t enough, I wanted to go all out with it this time. I happen to know a local street artist by the name of Fark. He creates pieces like the one below. I love his style, so a plan was made.
It took a while as it was winter when we made the plan, so we needed some good weather and some time.
Paint was ordered
To give as much canvas as possible and to sort out a few dings she had picked up on the way the whole car was given a going over. Various bits of trim were removed to help and it got a good keying ready for the new paint.
Then one sunny Sunday afternoon, it started. We didn’t have time to complete it all in one day, so it went back together for a bit with the base coat on. I quite liked the base colour by itself, but it wasn’t in the plan to leave it like that.
Next time… Artist arrives!