The final Chapter?
So this might be the last chapter of this story. But is a project car ever really finished. This time I have just a few bits and bobs that I have sorted out along the way.
First off, these were really rusty and looked completely out of place.
The new stainless ones will be good for many years to come.
At the same time I added a vent pipe as I had managed to block this off during the engine conversion and it was making the tank pressurise!
Fuel filter to stop debris getting in there.
I wasn’t that happy with the look of the plain inlet on the engine, and the valve cover was leaking oil, so I sourced a replacement inlet and valve cover to swap out. This changed it from an alloy valve cover to the better plastic one.
Gave the new inlet a coat of paint
Before wasn’t bad, I’m sure you will agree
Few bolts here and there
And it looks much better after
First off, I cut this thing out of the existing exhaust. I would say something about weight saving, but it’s just about the noise.
Next I added this section I bought from eBay.
This came already swaged at one end. Simple case of sliding it on, trim to length, and clamp it up. Sounds so much better now!
Well that is all I have for now. Soon we should have some more tales of other members cars. If you have one you would like to share, let me know on the Facebook page.